Sunday, February 06, 2011

It's a Taco... It's Chili... It's... WTH?!


So last night, while the kids were out with Mary building their Snowwoman, I was making a pot of Chili... Well kinda. I started making a pot of chili, and when I went to get the handy McCormick Seasonings I keep about, it hit me.

I forgot to buy Chili Seasoning!

So here I stand, this massive pot of would be chili staring at me bubbling slightly like, HELLO You forget something. So I look about in desperation, what DO I have? Cheesy Taco... Cheesy Taco... American Burger... Cheesy Taco... Pot Roast... Cheesy Taco... Cheesy Taco. Hrmm... I think I have enough Cheesy Taco to use two packets.

Then I stand there looking at it pondering. Something seems to be missing. It's thick. So... Lets add some Cut up Tortilla bits, I've always wanted to try that. *Plop Plop Plop* Smells weird, better let it boil and bubble for a bit, any true witches brew needs too.

Low and behold, it's done.. ish. I'm not sure, I need an unsuspecting subject, who is innocent enough and acclimated to my off the hook cooking they would at least try it. Ah ha! Till Death do you part... Well, not with this stuff. Maybe it'll be 'Till Toilet Doth Call' after he eats it.

Low and behold, I serve him a bowl. 'Try it.'. He looks at me suspiciously and takes a tentative bite. Chews... swallows... ponders. ... ... ... Then proceeds to shove the rest down like it's his last meal before the firing squad.

Don't get me wrong, I had 3 bowls myself, and I'm working on leftovers today! It's nomish. It's great... and no toilet callers!

No comments:

Post a Comment