Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I love Siestas and Storms

So this Sunday, I literally declared the day a wash, before it really started to be honest. Tom and the kids helped clean the living room up. I did dishes, well.. I have more taunting me with their amazing procreating skills. I swear, it's like the dish soap is a kegger and they've invited all their friends to come party in my sink. The owner always does the clean up.

The absolute best part of the day was getting the kids to nap, then going in and curling up with my husband and sleeping. He works nights, so weekends and his two days off are our cuddling time. We've decided that it's more important that we feel connected, than a perfect house or life.

But as it is everywhere in the US recently, it's been hot. Today though, was a miraculous event as I could lay snuggled up in my husband's side while he watched TV with the kids, I was watching the storm roll in. I love the look of the fields as a storm comes this way. We took the kids out for a drive and just reveled in the rain coming down. We drove by our bank before it started, and it told us it was 80 degrees out. 15 minutes later, it was just 71. We explained the scientific points of how lightening occurs and why. Yes... we prefer to be real with her on some things. The fairytales still exist though.

But yes... Siestas are the best thing in the world, especially when you get to snuggle with your loved one/s! And teaching your children that Storms are a blessing and a spectacle... completely worth the day being a wash!

No comments:

Post a Comment