Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ack! How could I forget the Syrup!?

So, This month in order to save for a few items, Tom and I have been working to eat mostly out of our home and not bring in a whole load of food. One of the items I normally buy every few months is Pancake Syrup. But... I forgot it. So we were going to forgo the ritual of French Toast or Pancake breakfast that we have every Sunday morning... but then. I got a bee in my bonnet.

You can find everything on the internet from Bikini Clad gentleman, to a man dressed up like Eeyore with his miniature Donkey in a matching outfit. Seriously... it exists. So why not look for a knock-off syrup recipie that is just as good, and maybe even cheaper than the store versions. Preferably sans me going out and getting all Lumberjack-like and tappin' me some trees. Yeah... not boiling down 10 gallons of sap to get 2 quarts of syrup.

Allrecipes.com came to my aid! Bless them and their contributors!

The Cheater Pancake Syrup Recipe is super easy, super quick, and produces enough to make you really think twice about ever buying the store stuff again! I could not for the life of me find my Maple Extract, so I substituted Butter Flavoring and it was still completely awesome. So I share a picture of our Sunday Breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment