Sunday, August 23, 2009

Rejoice!

For the time has almost come…

 

I’ve almost conquered the kitchen painting! Granted, I still have to clean, but I will just deal. I’m looking around for plain glass containers. I added some neat tiny spiral noodles to a clear jar I bought awhile back. I think it will add some awesome interest to the counters, and my children won’t be attacking this fragile jar wanting a cookie. Yes. My brilliant mind added cookies to it awhile back. Never. Again.

 

So at this point it’s just me waiting for the counters to dry (I cleaned them prior to start painting). Today, Jamie posted a picture of her little scooter figuring out the crawling bit and ‘inspecting’ her curtains. It is so cute! But it also brought to mind that my children are from that stage, and frankly, I’m still playing taps for curtain rods they pull a Tarzan stunt on. I know, it makes me sound like a bad mommy, but you know… They get into things faster than I can think of them.

 

For instance – this morning, I’m sitting in my chair flipping through a ‘wish book’ (for those of you who don’t know – a catalog that I don’t have the money to buy out of, but I can still drool!) and I look up for a bit watching Tori and Ian playing. Tori just about flipped over the swing set, with Ian in it! Oy! So we had to have a discussion about swing sets and pushing. And next summer we were going to upgrade their swing set anyway. I think I’ll set it in concrete. Of course, mind you – the entire time the swing set takes off the ground, Ian thinks he’s getting this great ride and even manages to swing his arm around like a cowboy riding a bucking bronco. I guess it’s a good thing the kid has no fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment