Sunday, August 23, 2009

Oh Mommy - I'll never do that again...

Or so my little girl says…

 

I’m not so entitled to believe her – not because she is untrustworthy, but because she’s three years old and let’s face it – she’s never going to remember this promise. Let’s say right now, I’m thinking this punishment is more or less a self-punishing one.

 

This evening, for dessert, We had Chocolate Cutie-Pies. Well, Tori and Ian wanted one more, but there was only enough for Tom to take to work, so I told her no. She needed to eat more supper type things than dessert type things anyways. I’m busy cleaning up the mess in the kitchen that is left over from painting, and I look up, no box. Huh? I could have swore I put those up.

 

I looked down the hall just in time to see Ian toddling down the hallway with a bitten open Cutie-pie package. Oh great. So next came Tori, and I know she knew that she was in for it, because the little sneak tried to hide the open pie package behind her back. Naturally this didn’t work. Not because I am just that awesome of a mom – because I was that much of a stinker as a kid. Hey – it takes one to know one, I’ll admit it!

 

So I asked her where the box was – and they’d ate them all! So after a swat on the bottom, they are now sitting in chairs with no TV or music to keep them occupied, waiting for Bathe time… which is in 5 more minutes.

 

I think I was cursed – not because my kids are that misbehaving, but because they are just that smart. They are smart enough that it takes immense boredom to get through their heads about don’t do this. Ian is not enjoying this, but because he’s such a stinker, We are having to do something with his attitude. We’ll get there… It doesn’t help his big sister drags him into things she knows is wrong!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment