Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I never want to repeat that life experience...


It's not that I don't want to go to the Circus again. Oh No! I loved the Circus. Recently the Kelly Miller Circus came to our small town to grace us with a spectacular performance that I hope they repeat next year! It was wonderful and fantastic. Amusing, beguiling, stunning, shocking, and we had the best seats in the house!

There was a gentleman who had a special act in the beginning where he literally walked through ropes on the ceiling... upside down. He did flips in the air on these loops, and looked right down at my children and acknowledged them. Literally above our heads!

No, the experience I don't want to repeat is the Elephant ride. I could post the picture of the kids and I on this gentle giant, but I will spare all of you the horrific view of my... ample posterior. It was perfectly safe, keep that in mind. I just wasn't so keen on the height, the constant shifting of the elephants hips beneath my own rump, and the sinking feeling that regardless of how much like rubber my rear resembles, if I fall off, I know the bouncing quality of rubber will be lacking greatly.

The kids on the other hand, jeered and giggled. They truly enjoyed the experience, granted, I was holding on to the bar for dear life, and them too. They ran to their Grandma and told her how wonderful it was to be so high! Unfortunately when they looked at me, it was a tentative smile and nod. And with an understanding grin from my mother in law I whispered, 'I have never been so happy to be on the ground!'

No comments:

Post a Comment