Tuesday, March 01, 2011

It's all too fast...

You know... I had sick kids over the weekend. On top of that Tom gets to take a Albuterol Inhaler... I actually contemplated kicking him to his parents over the weekend and just putting up a sign that says: 'No cranky Sickies in the house'. Yeah, bet that would have went over well.

But here was the sad part of the weekend. I curled up with my baby boy.... he's not a baby anymore. He had trouble sleeping so I asked him to bring his blanket here and I'll rock him. He jumped for the chance. But it didn't ork out like it used to. He is almost too big for me to snuggle now. He's into 5t, but he's tallll... and he stretches all down my front and it was awkward to find a suitable position for him to lay in.

I can remember him being my velcro boy. Seriously, when he was a baby he'd just snuggle down in a ball and lay on your chest and just sit there all night. He was happy, he was comfy, and he was so sweet.

Now that he's almost annoying at times and I wonder what happened to that little child? He's sick and showing his rump and well, that means his rump gets shown where it needs to be. Please don't be all 'aw but he's sick'... If we're sick and at work... and our rumps show off, they get put right back in place, reguardless of what's going on. Work Ethics start here.

But he snuggled down and went to sleep peacefully. And I was weepy because I didn't want to realize how quickly this is all going by. My baby boy is no longer my 'baby boy'. He's growing up too fast, too quickly, and just... wow. *sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment