Sunday, February 01, 2009

Seeking that Balance...

I am coming to the conclusion that there is no balance between three things. I am a mother/wife, a worker, and a student. I can't find that balance without letting one slide. So I am exploring other options on how to seek a balance. Unfortunately, there isn't one.

When I google the phrase 'seeking balance' you get an array of items. This list includes Balance in Psychology, Balance in Farming, even a website with one blog on it. But nothing on the first page seems to be something helpful or wanted for my search. So I've kept searching.

My first idea is that my husband (DH) needs to help me work the balance of our lives. It worked the first time I was in school, and he wasn't. Now he is also pursuing his education, and while I support that, I'm beginning to discover there just isn't enough of DH and I to go around.

Our home life is somewhat simple. Our children are eleven months apart. Our Son (DS) is 2, and our Daughter (DD) is 3. They both just celebrated their birthdays. While I can't doubt the craziness of our holiday period (Thanksgiving - The beginning of February), I often wonder why do I do so much in one period. I think I'm going to declare my birthday is now in July. Be it that my birthday is in January, I always wanted a summer birthday. I could actually have people over, wouldn't be worring about snow or the cold. I could turn the kids loose and not worry about them invading a party.

That would be nice, but it still wouldn't provide any type of balance to my home. I am just going to have to work through all of this, along with the activities I accomplish with my kids. I hope things will balance out in the end, at this point I feel much to htin to be doing all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment