Thursday, October 27, 2011

To the Thief who broke into my home...

Dear Sir. Yes, we know you're a guy. I am writing you this little note to express not only my displeasure with your actions against my family, my time, and my small joys, but I'm also wish to express my deepest sympathies for the recent death of your self respect and your ability to be self reliant. I know you must be grieving this loss, or in the simple shock and denial that it is in fact expired, and a part of your history.

Yes Sir, I understand that times are tough, and that jobs are few. But that doesn't mean that jobs aren't available, nor that jobs cannot be taken to make ends meet that are merely temporary. You sir, have taken to stealing other people's possessions, and probably some of the precious memories they had. For instance, you stole my iPod to which I hadn't yet downloaded the videos and pictures of a dear friend visiting that we hadn't seen since our marriage ceremony. How sad that in order to feel better about yourself, you had to take that from me.

You are void of any true self respect, because how else could you justify taking my things, my cherished memories and just treating them like the gravel beneath your feet. That Gravel is the start and main component of the concrete in my life. I resent that you took that from me. But I pity you since you apparently lack that component in yours and felt the need to steal mine.

I wish to warn you of this lifestyle you choose, in the end you will find yourself hollow and without substance. You will look at people you wish to befriend some day and realize that you have not only wronged them, but made them insecure and fearful, essentially viewing the lifestyle you've chosen as monstrous. This in turn will start to make you feel extremely self conscious to the point your friendships will be thin as water, and just as quick to disappear.. let's not even talk about how this affects a healthy relationship between lovers.

I hope you can and will turn around from this path. I pray that the acid of your choices can still be neutralized so you can one day feel better about yourself. I hope you find peace, and that someone, somewhere shows you kindness and compassion. Because God knows... you aren't showing it to yourself.

1 comment: